I wanted to do this month of thankfulness because I knew that it was going to be hard on days that I couldn't easily see my blessings.
Today is one of those days. Grayson has a cough, Tony and I aren't feeling 100% and have sore throats, Grayson got bit again at school yesterday (second time), I'm feeling homesick (it snowed in Illinois today), I'm tired and want to be in my bed instead of at my desk.... I knew there would be a day(s) like today that I didn't want to be thankful. My personality is to mope and not see the blessings surrounding me.
That is what I'm thankful for today... While only listing thankfulnesses (it's a word, I just made it up) in November may be cliche.... It also is a challenge... a reason to be reminded to list our thankfulnesses, our blessings! I'm thankful for November and the season of thankfulness that comes with it. I'm thankful that God placed it on my heart to challenge myself to find (sometimes search for) my blessings each day.
So in this challenge, on a day of not wanting to see my blessings, I will force myself to search for blessings surrounding me today. God's gifts for me today... I am a blessed woman and I should be thankful!
What about you? Are you having a hard time finding thankfulness on your hard days? Is today one of those days for you? Know that I am praying for you!


Agreed, that is why I posted that verse for my day 10 I think....hard to always see the blessings. Its fun reading your Thanks every day. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete