Unless I actually remember on Friday to schedule posts for the weekends, Monday's posts are going to be long in catching up on my thankfulnesses. :)
Day 9: I am thankful for Saturdays. I know... it's Saturday and that seems too easy... But the ideal that is Saturdays. When you're a minister's wife/family Sundays are work and Fridays and Saturdays are your weekend. But when I started working full-time again, we lost our Fridays together. So I cherish Saturdays!
I want to soak in every minute, every second of Saturdays! Especially the really good, not too busy, fall-feeling Saturdays that we got to have this weekend. This Saturday Tony got up with Grayson (which he does almost every day - love that man!) and as I lay half asleep, I hear the garage door as they left the house. About a half hour later, my sweet boys wake me up with donuts and starbucks. (I am a very blessed woman.) We got to sit and play and cuddle and facetime with Nana/Papa and it was perfect. We also went and got Grayson his very first haircut! He fussed a bit; but then we gave him his very first sucker - and he was good! ;) He looks so much older with those precious curls off his neck.
After a family filled day together, a sweet babysitter came over after dinner and we left to go see a couple of students in the production of Les Mis.... Which brings me to my next thankfulness:
Day 10: I am thankful for our students! Tony is a middle school student minister - and we LOVE our students. I am so very thankful for them... I'm thankful each time I see my small group of 8th grade girls on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. And I'm especially thankful for the opportunity to "do life" with them! I love when they tell us their sports schedules or theatre productions or whatever they participate in so that we get to go and watch them! What an opportunity that God has given us to get to see them and meet them where they are and not just at church! Thank you Jesus.
Day 11: Today I am thankful for sweet friends, sisters in Christ. Just this weekend I have gotten to text and/or talk to a few close sisters that are always such an encouragement to me. Friends who push me in my walk and challenge me as a mom and a wife. ... Just now as I was typing this a sweet friend brought me a blessing to help me in a challenge to memorize more scripture... FRIENDS, sweet SISTERS who I can always call on - text at random hours to help each other figure out whatever toddler problem or health issues we may be going through together... I am so very thankful for them.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!