BUT I will not dwell on that as my start to my day - rather I will be thankful today!!
Today, I am thankful for mother-son date nites with my sweet boy! Now that I'm not with him every minute of the day, I cherish these sweet, fleeting moments with Grayson. Last night was so relaxed and wonderful - Tony had a meeting, so it was just me and G for the night. I decided to go to Old Navy on our way home to get him a coat since a cold front came through yesterday (his only coat is 9mo size!). And since we weren't going home right away I thought we'd make a night of it. So after some shopping, we went next door to Panera for a dinner date.
Maybe it's because I haven't had many of these little meal dates alone with him since starting work/school... but he was such a cute little date! His personality is really developing and I am loving the little man he is turning into! He reminds me to pray for our meal and he's beginning to use utensils so well now. Throughout dinner he would sit down his spoon and just start talking so animatedly with his hands and telling me all about his day (could not understand most of it), then he'd pick up his spoon and eat some more and then do it all over again. It was adorable to just sit and have a dinner "conversation" with him. I want to box up these moments and save them away - I know that one day a date with mom will not be the highlight of his night... but last night it was, and I am SO thankful!
After dinner we went into the mall and I let him play for a little while at the play place. During the week I get so caught up in our schedule of eat by 6, bath at 7, in bed by 7:30 - that I don't allow room for sponteneity or fun... I felt so free last night and he was elated to get to run and play at the mall on a weeknight! It made my heart so full - it was just what we needed.
Grayson is growing and developing so quickly, I feel like if I blink I'm going to miss it! I'm thankful I was able to soak him in last night. I didn't feel busy or hurried like I normally do when we're shopping or eating out - I just relaxed and enjoyed our date. Leaving school yesterday, he grabbed his bag and craft and walked down the hall like a big boy - that moment I felt like I was loosing my baby right before my eyes and had to steal away a moment with him... I'm so glad for our little date nite. Thank you Lord for blessing me last night and making my heart full.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!