Every day we get to get ready, load up and carpool all together to work/school. Fridays are Tonys day off and I get up and leave while my sweet boys sleep. I get texts and pictures from Tony through the day telling me they miss me and seeing their sweet smiles and sweet daddy-son moments from their day.
Going back to work is and has been my hardest decision since becoming a mom. Staying home with my son was harder than I ever expected it to be - but it was sweeter too! I miss getting to watch him all day long; watch him play and figure things out, learn something new everyday. I miss cuddling with him in the mornings and after naptime. I miss sharing lunch and snacktime. I even miss catching up on housework during his naps. My sweetest moments of my days were sitting on the floor with a cup of coffee next to me and Grayson on my lap while we watched Disney channel....
This summer Tony and I started to budget and pray for what and how God would provide provisions for us. He answered us so clearly that I needed to go back to work for this season. So I began the job hunt for a few months - constantly discouraged with each unanswered email or application. God answered my prayer for a job in my obedience to go back to work. He knew that this season would not come easy for me.... and He so sweetly provided me a job here at Houston's First Baptist so that I could be nearer my husband, carpool as a family and be surrounded by Christ followers who would encourage and support me.
I still miss everything about being home with Grayson... but I'm learning to appreciate things about working too. It is only by God's grace that we were able to find a little church academy for Grayson to attend that was affordable by our budget and between work/church and home. Grayson has learned SO MUCH in the few short weeks that he has attended and made many friends. Tony gets to have Fridays alone with his son to bond, which he didn't get before. And I am being able to make new friends and get "out there" more.
I have easy days and hard days, good and bad, about leaving for the office all day everyday.... But on the easy/good days - I will praise and thank God. On the hard to leave and bad days, I will still praise and thank God for this job!
I will choose to be thankful for this job that God graciously provided for me. I will choose to be thankful for God's will in me going back to work. And I will patiently and joyfully wait on the Lord to call me back home to my child (and some-day-future children).

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!