Every year when November rolls around you start to see the 30 days of thankfulness pop up everywhere on blogs and status updates. And every year I never participate b/c I know that I'm thankful for everything in my life, yadda yadda yadda. Really though, if I look and try a little deeper, do I really find something each day to be thankful and grateful for? I think once I made it past day 10 of the things I should be grateful for (Tony, Grayson, family, job, etc. etc.)... could I really dig in deep to find things to be thankful for?.... especially on the hard days.
So this year I'm going to join the bandwagon of 30 days of thankfulness. Not for the blog or for the readers (if there are any readers.... hello, anybody out there?), but for me - to force myself to find thankfulness. I'm not a natural "find the good in things" person; so I'm hoping this will help me during a season in life right now that I really need to find reasons to be thankful. I think it will help me appreciate this chapter in my life instead of grumble through it.
Day 1: Today, I'm thankful for First Fest last night. For just the selfish reason of having a tough couple of days and getting to get out and have fun and watch Grayson be completely joyful in a bounce house. So thank you First and all the amazing people that made it happen!
So, who's with me? Will you challenge yourself to find thankfulness with me this month? Praying for the challenge and encouragement this brings and what God will do in my heart through it.

I'll do it with you, Diamend - let's be 30 Days of Thankful Together. :-) ~Melanie Russell
ReplyDelete