I am so thankful for our church! I remember when graduation day was approaching at Southwestern for Tony and we had no idea what God had next for us. I remember coming to Houston for the first time hating the weather and the humidity, but quickly falling in love with this church: the people, the leadership, the students and the pastor. I'm so thankful God placed us here! I'm so thankful that I get to lead middle school girls in a small group. Thankful for friends and "family" that we have here. While I miss our family dearly, I will thank God for placing us at Houston's First and thank him for the call that he has placed on Tony.
Pastor Gregg said in his message this last sunday to pray and praise instead of worry and whine. We cannot worry while praying or whine when praising. I'm more of a worry and whine kind of person... But as I have survived almost one week of being thankful, finding thankfulness - God is teaching me to pray and praise more and more. I'm learning to choose to pray and praise, more than worry or whine.
How about you? Are you praising Him today? What are you thankful for? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!