Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 14

Car rides lately are either a joy or a nightmare... Grayson is either happy and talkative and giggly on the way to/from school, OR he is tired and cranky and crying/screaming.  One thing that almost always works are some of his favorite songs.

This leads me to realizing how thankful I am for music! It's always been there for me... I have the most worshipful experiences to specific worship songs. I have the most vivid memories from certain songs. And Grayson has always responded to it....

I remember when I was pregnant, I was on the praise team at our church. During praise team practice and worship on Sunday mornings - Grayson would move and kick SO much, it was so precious to me! When he was itty bitty and we still rocked and sang him to sleep, there was only one song that could calm him down and put him to sleep. "I Love You Lord".... We sang this SO much the first 6 months of Graysons life! In the car, during fits at bedtime and middle of the night crying fits... over and over til I would have no voice in the morning! But it worked... music.

Now, it is almost always the only thing that can make him get happy and out of his fit.  He has a couple specific favorite songs (not all annoying kid songs - thank the Lord) that he completely can't be in a bad mood during and will dance and clap his hands. It is completely precious! And it is so sweet to see him beginning to know the words of songs and quietly begin to sing along. And he LOVES to dance! Aunt Alicia gave him a singing Mickey Mouse this summer... when you squeeze him he sings; and Grayson holds him and spins around dancing and singing along with him.

Lately, he has been obsessed with The Wheels on the Bus (from Veggie Tales road trip cd)... it is on repeat the whole way to/from church and school.... Praying he finds a new favorite song soon...  But my point is, music works for him! And it's always worked for me... Tony and I love road trips and he will spend all week before a road trip putting together our perfect play list. I am thankful for music!... Especially this morning as my happy boy sang and clapped the whole way to school. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!