Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 7

Now more than ever I am so very thankful for my MOM.

I have always had such a close relationship with my momma. It was just the two of us for so long, I took for granted what I had.  My mom and I had a running monthly "mom/daughter date" for as long as I could remember.  We'd go out to eat or get coffee/dessert, walk the park... It was never anything big or eventful, just talking (nonstop) - catching up on life and lessons learned.... I will never ever forget those moments; and will always be incredibly thankful for them. My mom became my very best friend in those moments... not many middle school or high school girls get to have that and I am so thankful that I did. I knew that whatever I did, no matter how big I messed up - my mom would always be there to talk to, no judgment or condemnation, just a listening ear, shoulder to cry on and constant encouragement. My mom has always been my biggest cheerleader and supporter.  I'm not saying she did everything right, what mom has?... but her presence and constant just "being there" for me... I am so thankful I had that - have that.


Now that I'm a mom, I am even more so thankful for her. Hearing her tell of how I was as an infant and toddler and how much she cared for me (I was a high maintenance baby) - I am in amazement at her and her strength. She did it alone. She cared for a colic-y baby on a heart monitor needing constant supervision and care and doctor/hospital visits alone. I am thankful for her commitment to me and her strength to be a single parent in those early days.  On days when Grayson is hard to handle - I think of my mom and push through it. I'm thankful I have her to look to on the hard days.



I'm thankful that because of the great relationship I had with my mom, I have a strong drive to have that with my own children! Oh that they would want to talk to me and share with me their secrets. I pray that I can have that special relationship with my children - that I could walk around the park with my son and talk of life and point him to Christ. Thank you mom for all you did and do and will do with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!