Wednesday, March 26, 2014

God is good... all the time

It's been a rough few days. Actually, last week was a rough few days. We had some frustration and heartbreak and a mix of emotions that ended in making the decision Friday to give notice and take Grayson out of his current school and find somewhere else to care for him.

By Saturday I was emotionally drained, and that makes me physically exhausted. So we had an awesome, do nothing, stay in our pjs and watch movies and nap all day kind of Saturdays. It was awesome - and just what our family needed. We snacked, we napped, we watched a slew of movies (including, Frozen, Cars, Croods, Toy Story... and you get the picture of the theme of our movie days nowadays). It was great. Sunday we were rejuvenated and had a plan for what the next week looked like. We took a last minute date to just get away with each other and breath from the stress of the last week.

We woke up with a plan on Monday (you know how I like plans). Then our plan was tossed out the window out of our control and I was sent for a loop. The last couple of days did not go as I had planned... and we (I) went through stress and high emotions all over again. But ya know what?... God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.  Sunday night we went and saw God's Not Dead and they repeated this phrase throughout the movie. I thought what perfect timing for me to hear that phrase repeatedly after such a week. And He is!.. SO GOOD. He knew that my plan was not going to be perfect and He knew that it would be tossed out come Monday, and He knew what was and is best for our family yesterday, today and tomorrow. 

So today, Grayson started his first day in a new school. And God is good - to provide us with an affordable great place in a good location in the right timing. And I was nervous and fearful for Grayson to switch schools and environments and friends and teachers. And God is good as Grayson walked right into his classroom without hesitation or reservation, and I have been able to watch a live video stream of him in his classroom all day and watch him thrive and enjoy his new environment and friends and teachers. God. is. Good! All the time!.... Even in the rough/tough weeks/days when we have a hard time seeing his goodness... He is working, He is good, and He has a good and perfect plan!

I also got to be reminded how blessed and loved and supported we are by so many friends here. Amidst the rough days and the unknown and the emotions - we had a team of prayer warriors lifting us up. Friends texting me prayers and encouragement. Friends stepping up to care for Grayson during a day of unknown. Texts and prayers from so many sweet friends this morning praying for Grayson's adjustment to his new school.

 
I'm so thankful that I can cling to His hope and His goodness. I am so thankful that I have a God who is watching over my baby and protecting him. So thankful that I have a God who goes before me and lays out a perfect and perfectly timed plan for me and my family. Feeling very blessed that I have a God, a King Daddy, who is good all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, my friend. And, it is timely for me today. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!