Thursday, March 6, 2014

Let's Get Real Thursday

I know I've been going Grayson crazy on here this week (and today is no different), so I wanted to get real with you here and explain why.  Most people (myself included) don't make the 2nd birthday a huge deal... 1, of course!... 5 and 10, big deals! (PS - birthdays are big deals in my family)... But 2 usually isn't anything to blog about for a whole week! Lol. (Although, I think birthdays should be celebrated all week... but that's just me).

For some reason, I am struggling with 2... More so than I did with 1. Grayson's first birthday was so sweet and the night of his birthday, while I gave him his last bottle of formula and rocked him to sleep, I cried my eyes out that my sweet baby was a ONE year old.  But, he was still my sweet baby. I still gave him a bottle before bed and rocked him to (almost) sleep. He couldn't walk yet and still needed and relied on me for most everything.



This year my  momma heart is being tugged at as I have watched my sweet little baby turn into this little boy! He still needs me (always will) and relies on me for most things... But he has also grown and developed so much in this short year that I am daily surprised by him and all that he can do! He doesn't just walk, he runs! He's talking more and more each day and his little personality is quite amusing. He has moments that I want to freeze where he is my sweet baby again wanting to cuddle to momma and rock in his chair... but those moments are few a far between the moments of running and playing and laughing and tantrum throwing and ball throwing and jumping.... 2 is a HUGE deal! And it's harder and more fun and sweeter and more frustrating and more entertaining and way more proud and joy filled moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!