Thursday, March 20, 2014

Let's Get Real Thursday

Let's get real... I am a momma's girl. Always have been, cannot hide it or deny it.  Last week when my mom came to visit she brought a bunch of old pictures for us to go through and walk down memory lane together. I was so fun to look back at all the pictures, the memories, the moments, the people who helped my momma raise me, my sweet grandma and grandpa who haven't been with us for a very long time now. It was bittersweet. We laughed a lot, we were teary-eyed through some photos and stories... I loved every minute of it. In the busy-ness of our life - ministry, work, raising a toddler, marriage, day to day... I forget how much I miss connecting with my momma face to face. It makes me cherish every second that I get with her now.

Looking at the pictures and comparing them to some of mine now... I am completely my mother's child... and Grayson is undoubtedly mine! It was so fun to look at the pictures and exclaim I had the same picture of me or of me and Grayson and then go find it on my phone. Here are just a couple that make my heart happy :)
Above: my momma napping with me as a baby.
Below: me napping with my baby.
 I never noticed just how much I resemble my beautiful momma. Thankful for that.
 
 
And to end on a cute and funny note -
As much as everyone says how much Grayson looks like his daddy... here is proof that he is most definitely my child. :)
 That's me on the left.... Grayson just needs a red wig and it would be identical! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!