Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let's Get Real Thursdays

Let's Get Real.... After two "ice" days in less than 10 days, you start to go a little cray-cray! Am I right!? Anyone? Maybe it's just me... and Tony. ;) 

While I completely enjoyed and soaked up every single second with my boys (and appreciate them so much more now that I'm working full time again), I need a break from toddler programming and cartoons. And if you watch them enough... You start thinking way too much into them...
I don't know about your toddler, but mine is OBSESSED with Daniel Tiger. I believe I've mentioned him on the blog before (which should also make a point that I'm thinking way too much into this cartoon). So we are watching episode after episode of this cute little tiger and Tony mentions how Daniel Tiger never gets a timeout... Which then made me think... "heck, this kid (tiger) never gets in trouble or scolded or time out or anything"..... I think there should be an episode with a lesson on timeout. :) And that the writers of Daniel Tiger (Mr. Roger's kids) are parenting geniuses!

While watching Toy Story I noticed that the baby is always in the front seat facing forward in her car seat each time they are in the van.... and that I think Andy is a child of divorce. Note that you never see a dad and they just happen to move to a new home and the end scene is Christmas with just the mom and baby and him in front of the Christmas tree.... hmm. Also, where the heck are Sid's parents!? That kid needs some serious counseling...

Lastly, while watching Dumbo (which, by the way, is way sadder than I remember), I got super baby crazy and wanted to snuggle a sweet swaddled baby when watching Dumbo swaddled in his ears, snuggling with his mom.
 

And for those of you who think my house is always clean and everything put away.... This is proof that this is what the house (or at least the upstairs) looks like every weekend. :)




 Anyone else think way too much into the cartoons they watch with their kiddos?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!