Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's almost here

All last week we were home with Grayson while he was sick... He made a full recovery this weekend and now we our in our last days in Texas before going to Illinois for Christmas!

This weekend Tony and I were able to go to Celebration (our church's Christmas production) - and it was WONDERFUL! Such a great show and time alone together after nursing a sick kid all week!


Unfortunately, with Grayson being sick all week, we had to cancel our Christmas Party that we had planned on Friday. And by Sunday night I had started not feeling well. Caring for a sickly all week finally caught up to me (Tony never gets sick). So I've spent most the week taking Nyquil and going to bed by 8:30 with lots of Airborne and hot tea during the work day. I haven't gotten to do nearly as much as I would have liked during our last week before Christmas; but I guess God was telling me I needed to rest before the craziness of traveling and family this weekend.

Having a week of school Grayson has had a hard time transitioning back to it this week -- not looking forward to the first week back to school after being spoiled by family all Christmas. :/
But he still loves school and his teachers and friends! I'm excited to give his teachers their Christmas gifts tomorrow. We got some soap and sanitizers from Bath n Body and put cute tags on them that say "Thank you for your helping hands." Grayson also got his 2nd haircut this week! We thought we'd give him a trim, since the first haircut really just took care of the mullet in the back, he needed a trim on the top. :) He doesn't love it... He starts fussing as soon as I sit him in the chair... So it's lots of distraction with toys and suckers.
 
 
We hop on a plane tomorrow evening and will get to spend 9 days in Illinois. It snowed there last week, so we are all really excited to take Grayson sledding and teach him to make and throw snowballs. Nana and Papa went and got him a snow suit and boots.... they are really excited! I'm excited to see him open presents this year, and how much more he interacts with everyone. It's so fun to watch him grow and develop. He's teaching me to slow down and enjoy the moments.
 
 
I'm going to absorb every moment with our family in Illinois and will update the blog come the first of the year!
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!