If you seen on Facebook recently we moved Grayson up into a "big boy bed" a couple of weeks ago! We were completely surprised with how smoothly this transition has happened! I'm pretty sure it's not normal, and we'll probably get paid back with something else (like potty training). We got a cool looking (I'm thinking for when he's a tween) day bed from Ikea and put up a bed rail so he doesn't roll out. The day of the transition I took Grayson to Target and let him pick out his own sheets. It was a tough decision between Ninja Turtles and Cars, but he finally decided on Cars sheets. He was soo excited that night to sleep with his new sheets that he picked out. I think that was the best thing we did for the transition. Then right away we told him that there was no jumping on the bed and no getting out til mommy/daddy came to get him... That was it! He's like brainwashed or something... He repeats those two rules and we've never had an issue! It's only been two weeks, but I'm pretty proud! I expected that first night to be a sleepless one for us... but it was completely smooth and I was in shock when I woke up in the morning.

Also, his current obsession has been all things Toy Story. We have been watching 1, 2 &3 on a repeating roll! We even downloaded some of the short toons just so we could watch something different. Last weekend he was soo excited when Nana and Papa sent him a Buzz Lightyear! He keeps holding it up in the air and yelling "Buzz Lightyear!! To infinity and beyond!!" It's adorable. Buzz goes with him everywhere though!! He sits at the dinner table with us, cuddles on the couch with us, has to ride in the car anywhere we go... It's been less than a week and poor Buzz is already looking worn out.
And finally, a small pregnancy update. I am 16 weeks now and things are soo different this time around. I assumed since I've already done this once that it would be easier and my body already knows what to do so it shouldn't be painful...NOT. My body did know how to pop out a huge belly quicker than last time... but everything else has been different. I'm in all new territory. I had morning (all-day) sickness everyday for 10 weeks, and I still get a little queasy before bed. I'm a lot more achy this time around and cannot seem to find energy or stay awake (could have something to do with my active 2 year old). But baby and me are growing and healthy and we will find out boy/girl next month! We are all super excited! Grayson is just the sweetest! He rubs my belly and lays his head on my belly when we cuddle. He says "sowy (sorry) baby" if he's too rough with me... it's precious! I started feeling little kicks this last week, which remind me of the great things of being pregnant. Now I just can't wait til Tony and Grayson can feel the kicks too!
Just for comparison - Here I am at 16 weeks with Grayson...
And here I am with Baby Bianco 2.0 (as Tony like to call it)... much bigger! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!