Other parents of littles in public places... For the most part, parents are unified. We all "get it" and are in this "brotherhood" type of bond called parenthood. Most the time a mom and I (total strangers) can look at each other in the store during either of our toddlers' tantrums and sympathize or encourage the other. Most the time, I can rely on other parents/adults to help me to stop my child run into a busy street or out the automatic doors.
But let's get real, there's always one parent that just isn't in this category. I'm always encountering that one parent that just doesn't want to "parent" their kid, and therefore causes me great stress and frustration. You know what I'm talking about? Have you witnessed those few (lovely adults that God loves even though they cause me great frustration) that just don't' really act like parents or don't discipline or just have no concern at all of what their kid is doing at the play place/park, even when it is causing another child harm?
So last night we went to the mall for a couple of things and we always let Grayson play at the play place for a little bit. I took Grayson alone, while Tony went to a couple of stores. As soon as we get there G goes to play on the first slide thingy and there's this little, maybe 3-4 year old that pushes him off and won't let him play on it. So he runs to me scared and I tell him to ignore him and play on something else. Well, this kid follows him and scares/pushes him off every single thing to play on. Just being a big bully to my little 2 year old. G runs back to me scared. I look at the parents who are on their phones and not caring at all about any of this. So I hold G's hand and tell him that mommy will go with him and protect him. So each time the "bully" comes to scare G off of the slide or whatever I give him my meanest "parent face" and he shy's off. Until he suddenly decides to run up and just whack my kid in the face! (If you know me at all you know that I'm already a little defensive and protective in the first place, but then when my momma bear claws come out, it's just bad). So I look at the parents who are ignoring all this and I yell at them (not to be mean, but b/c I'm across the room and there's other people) that they need to keep an eye on their kid b/c he just hit mine. The mom rolls her eyes at me. Awesome parenting mom!
I would have left it at that, but the kid hits G again, and this is after I just saw him hit another kid even littler than mine. So I yell with my sternest parent voice at the kid (since no one else wants to discipline him) that it is not kind to hit and not to do it again.... And he does it again. So I put G's shoes on (who is terrified at this point) and begin walking out to leave as I tell them they need to do something about their kid (in a very Christian-like way of course).
Ugh! So frustrating!! Anyone else experience these things?? I hate when I'm at the park or play place and I'm actively watching my child and I see parents all around just on their phone and paying no attention or not caring what's happening! Ok.. rant over. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!