The morning drop-off. If you are a working mom/dad, then you know what I'm talking about. Most mornings go great; we skip, hop or run into school, wave hello to the front desk, Grayson happily sits at his seat and waits for breakfast and blows me a kiss goodbye. But then there are those few days that aren't so great... the days that leave my momma heart broken and me bawling in my car after drop off... Those days suck! :(Tony is off this week from work, so I've been taking G to school alone (usually we go together). Tuesday was G's first day back to school for the week as he got to spend extra time with daddy for a loong weekend. I pulled up to school and got out, he didn't want to jump out of the car like normal, he wanted to "cuddle". So I held him and we prayed in the parking lot and I started walking in with him hugging my neck... He started whimpering before we even got to his classroom. When we walked in it was full blown crying, with big tears. I whispered I loved him and I always come back for him and how much fun he was going to have today. His teacher had to peal him off of me and he was crying so hard with the saddest little face. I blew a kiss and walked out, watching from around the corner. The teacher set him down in his seat so she could serve breakfast, and I all saw was more poor baby sitting at the table crying his eyes out. I lost it! I ran to my car, called Tony and was weeping! Weeping for my child's broken heart in that moment. Weeping that I have to leave him everyday and go to work. Heck, I'm tearing up just typing and remembering it all.
I called the front desk 10 minutes later to see if he was okay and they told me he had stopped crying and started eating breakfast before I even left the parking lot. :)
Let's get real, we've all been there at one time or another. Either at Sunday school drop off, Mother's Day out drop off or daycare/preschool drop-off... Sometimes it's just hard and it sucks. So let's give ourselves a big hug for the hard days.
... Also, you know you're a mom when you are crying in the car and you have no Kleenexes and have to use a diaper to absorb your tears before your makeup is completely gone before you get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!