First, let's reflect on my goals 2010....
1. Lose weight! (I know everyone says that, but b/c of all my surgeries and not being able to do much - I need to be able to get to my pre-surgery weight)
** I lost a total of 40lbs, but I'm pretty sure I gained 10 back the last two months of 2010... So technically - I lost weight! Hooray! :)
2. Become more disciplined with my schedule: fitting in time for quiet time, a work out, hubby and extracurricular reading/knitting.
** I went to Gold's Gym diligently every morning before work! I read lots of books and took up crocheting! Tony and I are always trying to find time for date nites.
3. Learn to become a more patient and loving godly woman and wife.
** This is not a goal for one year... This is a lifetime goal that I will continually be learning and working on throughout my life and my marriage.
4. Not allow myself to "sweat the small stuff" - I want to be a less-stressed more easy going person.
** Like #3... This is not a 1 year goal.. I will always be working at not stressing even though Tony tries to tell me not to ;)
5. Continue striving to get out of debt and stay on top of bills and tuition while living on 1 income :-/
** We paid off Tony's car in 2010!! We are continuing to work and pray over our finances and for Him to provide for us!
6. Continue with and improve our blog - making sure that I strive to stay connected with all our friends/family!
** I hope and pray that you have/are enjoying our blog! It has been a delight to keep you all updated and connected this last year!!
7. Go on a vacation! Though we have little money, we really want to be able to take a vacation before we have any kids and reward ourselves from his schoolwork.
** Thanks to our wonderful supportive family we went Disney World over our Thanksgiving break!!!
8. Pray more diligently about our future and beginning a family!
** Again, this isn't a goal... I think I was trying to be inspirational last year when I made these! ;) Of course we are praying everyday together about our future and where God will lead us in the next chapter in our lives.
Now that we've reflected.... I've come to the conclusion that I clearly don't know what a goal is! Goals should be attainable, tangible... How do I know if I reached my goal of becoming a better wife/godly woman?... See bad goal.... Of course... I always want to strive for those things, but I want to make sure I make attainable goals that I can look back on and say "Hey, you reached your goal! Yay!" and then sidenote things that I need to remember to be doing.
So for 2011... My goals that I would like to reach include:
1. Lose weight! - I know, I know... that's already been done! ;) But, I'd really like to lose that last 20 something pounds to really say... "I DID IT!!!" Ya know?
2. Run a 5K - Never EVER did I EVER think I would put this on my goals list! BUT, starting this week I am walking/running (trying to slowly do the Couch to 5K program). I'm hoping my horribly, painfully arthritic knees can do it - but I'd really like to just try!
3. Debt snowball - We keep snowballing! Our credit card got racked up a bit paying for Tony's books and my teaching classes - so I'd like to get it paid off - and then we'd only have my car as our debt.
4. TEACH - I'm still looking for a teaching job. And I'm making it my goal this year to get a job! Please pray with me! :)
5. Help with Housework - Tony has been doing most all the housework since moving here, but he will be working a lot more in 2011 - so I'm making my to-do to pick it up and do a lot more around the house for him!
So there you have it! :) Five reachable, attainable goals! In the meantime I will constantly working on being a better wife and godly woman, stressing less and praying more!
Happy 2011! :)
Diamend
Those are great goals! Love it! There are tons of fun 5Ks in the DFW area. You can do it! There's a really fun one on St. Patty's Day on Greenville in Dallas - then there's a big party afterward and a parade! Good luck ~ Steph
ReplyDelete