Sunday, January 16, 2011

Class is in session

The holiday's are done and boy were they fun, with a new year here we have a new turning point in Diamend and myself's life. Another semester down and another has already started. Last semester felt like a blur with five classes and planning for Youth Ministry Lab. I have just gotten all my grades for my Summer Semester and my Fall Semester. So time for a HUGE update!

Summer Semester
Christian Home - This class forced me to think about the hard questions in ministry. Questions about divorce, marriage, sex, and families. This class was a 1 week class and I enjoyed my time in it. (A)
Basic Christian Ethics - Dr. Craig Mitchell is a strange teacher. His class was a one month class that met 2 days a week. He taught all about the old and even older philosophers and their beliefs. (B)
Baptist Heritage - This was a two week class that met for 4 hours each day. It was a great class to learn about the way the baptist faith came into being. It was a fun class and it was full of new knowledge. (A+)

Fall Semester
New Testament Greek I - This was a fun class for me. Once I completed my basic greek, I took that knowledge and got to exegete the text. It was a one night a week class so I got a big dose all at once. (A-)
Student Ministry Essentials - This was one of my favorite classes. Dr. D is a fast talker, which means I got a ton of info in a short amount of time. It was a great time of fellowship with other youth guys and gals and full of great info. (A)
Hermeneutics - This class is used to teach students about how the Bible is written and how to properly exegete it. It was a class that I probably should have gotten into my first semester, but couldn't get into it. (A-)
Systematic Theology I - This is a class that talks about a bible basics and why we believe everything we believe. The teacher was a bit strange but the class was good and it was a great time with a friend of mine in the class. (B)

I know that was a lot of info but it was a great last few semesters and God has really blessed me with great Docs and friends. I've got some great classes this semester, a ton of sequels to my classes last semester. Greek New Testament II, Systematic Theology II, Church History II, and Christian Apologetics. This is going to be a fun semester and will be nice to finish some of my classes.

As you may know Diamend has gotten a ton of teacher certifications. We wanted to get her more exposer to the school system here in Texas and because her current work situation has not warranted her that kind of exposer. Therefore, we have decided to move Diamend down to part-time status at the BGCT so that she can substitute teach a few days a week. This means that I will be going full-time at Apple. I will be getting a promotion and putting in 40 hours a week while going to school full-time. We feel that God has provided us with this opportunity for Diamend to get into a teaching environment that she has been really wanting to get into. Through our prayers and yours we know that God will bless this situation and bring Diamend into a school with her own classroom.

I know that this has been a huge update with tons of info. Please continue to pray for us and let God lead you in those prayers. We love and miss all of our family and friends that cannot be here with us in Texas. If you are wanting to come to Texas, please let us know...we've got a futon! Thanks for sharing your lives with us!


Tony Bianco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!