Christian Home was an amazing class that allowed me to think and really work out those foundational bits of personal doctrine on marriage, family, divorce, and gender roles. I was able to see many different views, which I appreciated, and Biblical arguments for the majority. I really enjoyed the professor and the class discussion was awesome! I got an A in the class when the one week was all said and done, so it turned out to be a great first summer class.
Baptist Heritage was an interesting class. I took this class with a friend of mine, Rob. The way the class was structured it allowed for some zoning out but for the most part it was very interesting. The Proff. is a super smart guy and knew everything, even the gossip from the time period about the subject. It was very cool! Although I haven't received my final grade yet, I've figured it all up and I also got an A in this class.
The third class, Christian Ethics, was much harder than the other two. Let me give you an idea of my first two weeks...I had three classes full of lecture and then a mid-term on the fourth day! I believe that the test was so soon because the professor thought the class was over a week before it actually was, so he crammed all this info on Pre through Post Modernity in three classes!! I also had three book reviews due each Saturday and then a final exam on the last day! The Proff. is super smart and literally was a rocket scientist for the military pre-Seminary. I worked hard and fought for a solid B in the class. I was pretty excited about it because I nailed my final exam!
But now that I have had all of a week and a half break from school the Fall Semester begins on Friday! I'm taking my usual 13 hours, plus I'm Co-Capitan for Youth Ministry Lab, working at Apple 25-30 hrs a week (cause we need the money), and Diamend and I have begun to volunteer as the "official" youth coordinators at our church! SO, we shouldn't be too busy right?! This fall I will be taking some great classes I'm really looking forward to, Systematic Theology I, Hermeneutics, Student Ministry Essentials, New Testament Greek I, and Applied Mentorship. The class I'm most worried about...Greek, as you can probably already tell from my Summer summary, I failed to review my Greek, but that'll just add more fn to the beginning of the semester.
Diamend and I are very excited that two friends of ours are joining the Seminary this Fall as well!! Logan Sharp, a former youth, now youth leader is getting his MDiv right behind me! We've been hanging with him helping him get started out right! And the McDaniel's are in Texas! Christopher will be taking classes towards his MDiv and he brought his awesome family down with him. (Technically, Rachel his wife brought HIM down, she and the kids were here first) It's been awesome hanging with them and having another family we know down here with us!
I better end this before I take any more of your time. But know that we are praying for everyone back home and here in TX. We treasure all of your friendships and it is truly a blessing having you in our lives. Thank you again for all your prayers and supports! Have a rockin' day!
Tony Bianco
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!