Monday, August 23, 2010

Announcement!

I have exciting news!! I'm going to be a TEACHER!!! Haha - you didn't expect that, did you? ;)





Well, after some time of thought, prayer and LOTS of studying I have passed the TX Content Exam for my Teacher Certification! I know this came out of no where!

So let me start from the beginning....



When I started at LLCC I originally wanted to be a teacher. I took serveral elementary edu classes, did my 30 observation hours and got my A.A. in Elementary Edu. The following summer I was the spokesperson for LLCC and did a lot of communication/PR type of work for them and changed my mind. Ending in me getting my B.A. in Communications and landing me where I am now.... Well... I haven't always been 100% happy or fulfilled. I haven't really felt much of a purpose in my job(s) and have been wondering what God really wanted me to do with my life?? Teaching has always been in the back of my mind... but I never thought it was a possibility to go back to it.

Unti now! Now, in God's humorous timing, he has called Tony to seminary in a state that offers accelerated alternative programs for teachers (ever since the No Child Left Behind acts were passed). So about a month ago, I began taking classes to become a teacher! And about two weeks ago I took the State Content test to become Highly Qualified to TEACH! And last Tuesday I found out the I PASSED!!! EEEK! :) (Thats me --> all excited about passing and becoming a teacher)



SOO... Now I have a 1 year probationary teaching certificate. This means that I have to finish up my online classes and teach for one year under the supervision of my mentor (principle) (this is based on the fact that I have to find a school to hire me first) And then at the end of teaching for one whole year, I pass one more test, I get (hopefully) approved by my principle and I get my official Standard Teaching Certificate for the state of Texas!! HOORAY!!!



So, now that the stress of the test has passed and I have my probationary 1 year cert. I am in the stage of applying to every school district around me hoping, pleading and begging for someone to hire me!! ;) So I will leave you with this prayer request: I WANT to be a teacher. I finally really feel what God wants for me and my life and I have found my purpose. I have pursued it ... Now I just need a school (a principle) to give me a chance and HIRE ME!! So PLEASE pray with me and Tony that I may find a school within this school year!!



Thanks soo much for the prayers! I'm soo excited to get to share in our excitement with you, our family and friends! We will keep you posted! ;)



Love and blessings,
Diamend

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!