Thursday, July 3, 2014

Let's Get Real Thursday

My son is a momma's boy through and through. Sure, he loves his daddy and he even has some days/nights when he only wants daddy - but for the most part... it's all momma.

Yes, this is absolutely adorable and sweet and makes me all gushy... most of the time. I appreciate our bond and I'm trying to hold on to every second I get, knowing that it won't be forever. However, if you are a momma to a momma's boy/girl - you also means that it's a lot of work that only you can do.

Too many times does Grayson tell Tony, "No, Mommy do it" ... every day, multiple times a day... Which means I'm doing all the diaper changes, clothes changes, putting shoes on/off, cleaning him up from dinner, giving him medicine, reading his bedtime stories, putting him to bed, and it goes on and on. I always have to be the one to hold him; when Tony holds him he reaches and jumps out of his arms for me... The kid is getting heavy!  Don't get me wrong, Tony is awesome! And he helps me soo much, I am beyond blessed and spoiled... But Grayson insisting on "mommy do it" can get really tiring.

It even went so far the other night that the three of us were on a family date at the mall and I was between my two boys walking, holding both of their hands. Grayson noticed that I was holding Tony's hand, and tried to swat at us to separate and said "no, stop it. my mommy" ... I tried telling him I'm holding my husband's hand... but he kept at it. Dear Lord that kid has a hard time sharing me.

I'm soaking up this stage of life as much as I can, knowing that in a year or so, he will be attached to daddy and not needing me as much. I love watching him now trying to be just like dad and copying him. I love watching them wrestle and "fight" and play. Daddy is our hero. But there is nothing like the bond of a momma and her son.



 


Let's get real, any other mommas out there that are their sons one and only? Any advice or tips on helping him see that mom and dad are first for each other? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!