Thursday, May 1, 2014

Let's Get Real Thursday

God punished blessed me with a child who is just as bullheaded and strong-willed as I am. So sometimes Grayson and I will have a stare down on who's will will win. It's almost always momma's; but sometimes I'm just too tired. Ya feel me mommas?

So let me paint a pretty picture of how some nights go...

At the end of most nights, Grayson must help pick up all his toys before bath/bedtime.  Most nights he is great about singing the clean up song with me and putting all the Lego's in one baskets and blocks in another and books on the shelf, etc.  Some nights... It's not so much a picture perfect, hallmark-y moment. :) 

Me: Grayson, it's time to clean up! Can you help me pick up the blocks?
Grayson: No.... continues to play/watch Daniel Tiger.
Me: Turns off tv... Grayson you need to help mommy clean up. Come on. "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere...."
....
Me: Grayson do you want to sit in time-out?
Grayson: yes. walks over to sit in timeout.

At this point he is on the floor along the wall and I am sitting on the floor in the middle of the room in the middle of the mess.... staring at him. And he's staring right back at me. We don't talk, smile... just stare each other down in a battle of wills. (It's really funny if you were watching - not so much when you're in it.)  2 minutes go by....

Me: Are you ready to help clean up?
Grayson: Nope.
Me: Then you can stay in time out. And the stare down continues....

After about 5 minutes, He finally succumbs to my will (sometimes only after I threaten a spanking instead of more timeout).

Momma's will is bigger. Momma for the win!... This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!