Monday, March 14, 2011

NorthPointe Baptist

I haven't posted in a while... I have been debating whether or not to post this update on our blog. But after some thought and prayer- Tony and I started this blog when we moved to Texas to stay in touch with our family/friends back home, share our lives, our struggles, our joys, our prayer requests and where God is working in our lives...

We've shared with you our involvment in our home church here in Texas, NorthPointe Baptist; our heart for this church and its people. On Thursday, March 3rd our church was broken into and our secretary, Judy Elliot, and pastor, Clint Dobson, were brutally attacked. Clint did not survive.

We are all in shock trying to understand this tragedy. Clint was young and had such a zeal for life and truth and God. I'm clinging to Christ who is sovereign over all of this. God is the God of grace and mercy and truth and He is good, Clint's death doesn't change that. And Clint's seeds of ministry will continue to grow - that is proof in how we've seen God work in these last few days. Clint prayed weekly, "Lord, whatever it takes, fill Your house." And Sunday it was filled! There were so many people, we didn't have enough seats... Praise God!

Judy is in the hospital, struggling to recover, making small improvements. We are so thankful to God for her!

I find myself mourning the most for Laura, Clint's wife. She is just too young to be a widow. As I watched my friend on Sunday morning worshipping our God and hugging all our church members and others, I was in awe of her strength. I know that God has Laura in the palm of His hands and will comfort her and give her all her strength in this time.

Right now, we are re-learning what normal is at NorthPointe; but we know that ultimately God is in control. Please pray for Laura as she deals with losing her husband. Pray for Clint's parents and his family. Pray for Judy as she recovers, Pray for Judy's husband, John, for his strength as he stays beside her. Pray for NorthPointe - our members and our leadership - as we continue processing are feelings and we move forward with God's help.

And Praise God that Judy is alive! Praise God that the Arlington Police Dept has been working so hard on this case and for their support for Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!