I just began reading this blog from a Texan girl who has moved to Chicago... She is amazing! I've soo loved keeping up with her blog... she is beautiful, knows the Lord, gives me outfit ideas and always seems soo happy and upbeat about life! Well... in reading a past post from her she had done a happiness challenge that looked like a ton of fun to do and could chipper me up!
The happiness challenge was to make a list of 10 things that make me happy. It was a challenge to create this list, not because I can’t think of things that make me happy, but because I had trouble getting the list down to 10. So here it is...
My Happiness List: (in no particular order)
- My Husband. Tony has this remarkable ability to make me happy... any day, time, situation, or struggle... All he has to do is look at me and say "Diamend... Smile..." I love him and he makes me sooo happy! He is such a blessing to me!
- My Family. My mom and sister and I have so much fun together! I loved the days when the three of us girls would have a girls night at home! We'd make a pallet (for those that don't know - A pallet is a bunch of pillows and blankets on the floor), each of us have our own pint (sometimes quart) of ice cream and a spoon and watch movies and laugh all night. I miss those days... They make me so happy.
- True Friends. Friends who really get me... Who I can be completely open, honest and bluntly me with! They make me happy! I've heard friends are in our life for a reason, season or lifetime.... but no matter the reason.. if they are real friends, that is what counts!
- Clean and Organized. Don't make fun of me! I know that I am one big nerd, BUT nothing is better than having your house/bedroom/dorm room/ desk (whatever your space may be) CLEAN and organized! I cannot relax on the couch unless I can sit with the room clean, dishes done and not have to worry about a thing! And I LOVE organization!! I have a geekasm in the Container Store and the organization section of Ikea everytime!! It makes me happy! :)
- Gilmore Girls. Although this show has ended... I get almost giddy if I'm home during a re-run and/or especially when I pop in one of my favorite episodes/seasons to watch! Just the sound of the theme song and I am jumping and dancing!
- Miniatures. I love tiny things! This is an obsession that me and my sister-in-love have in common. Miniature items are the cutest and we happily squeal over the smallest things (literally!). I love the itty bitty tuppaware or any containers of the sort... Miniatures of things are just too cute not to make you happy!
- Getting Mail. Not bills, of course... But it totally makes my day when I see that I have recieved an evelope/package from a dear friend or family member. Even better when I'm not expecting anything and I come home to a sweet surprise card!! This has especially been true since moving away from our closest friends/family... It makes them all the more special... it's almost like the person sending it is having a little visit with me :)
- Diet Dr. Pepper. This has become my newest obsession! I hate diet sodas. I hate Dr. Pepper. But for some strange reason putting the two together is like magic!! :) After a long day it is such bliss to relax with a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. The only thing better is if I can get a Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper (with cherries) from Sonic! :)
- My Nephew. The day I became an Aunt... my world changed! I had no idea the effect that this sweet little guy could have on me! I was excited to become an aunt.... but never imagined how much it would tug at my heart to hold my sweet nephew! O he just melts my heart! Being so far away from him now, getting picture texts from my sis of him (daily/weekly) make me oh soo happy!
- Birthdays. Growing up in my family... Birthdays were big deals! I remember waking up with Birthday banners and balloons in the house! Getting to pick out my birthday dinner (growing up it was always speghetti), feeling special by everyone that day, getting to bring cupcakes to school (I have a summer bday so I couldn't do this, but I loved celebrating birthdays throughout the school year). Not just my birthday even... I just LOVE birthdays! I get almost giddy planning Tony's bday celebrations! Growing up me and my sister would have soo much fun making a banner and hanging it together after school before Mom got home to celebrate her bday! Birthdays are just happiness! :)
What makes you happy!? Would you like to do the happiness challenge with me?
Praying for you today,
Diamend

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!