Last week we found out that Grayson had been physically harmed at his daycare center, by what we believe, an adult. We have been reeling from that and dealing with the situation, CPS and hurt hearts and broken trust. G is still so young that we can't glean much/any information from him, so there is an investigation underway and we sit in a standstill waiting for what's next. Grayson is okay, both physically and emotionally. He is at a new "school" by trusted recommendations from our own church.
Here's where I'm at... It is not by my nature to turn to God in hurt and trials and I usually put up walls pretty quickly. This weekend I found myself angry with God and having a hard trusting him with my child. I know that He loves Grayson more than I ever could, He created Him and He goes before him and watches over him... but this still happened. I was stuck with knowing this truth and His promises, but being contradicted by this reality. What I've learned though over this week is that God is sovereign over all. And that my God, my King Daddy, is also Father of my son is angry in His righteous anger of the hurt of one of His children. He has sobbed with me and holds me and comforts me to get up and keep loving on my child and holding him and not take my precious son for granted. We have been surrounded by great community of encouragers and prayer warriors. I don't take it lightly that we can feel how covered in prayers we are. I have been flooded with texts and calls, hugs and prayers by great friends, co-workers and ministry partners. God is still good. He is still King.
Here's the good that I will force myself to see coming through this. Grayson is okay, both physically and emotionally. I think God protected any scars (emotionally) from forming. We were able to find a school that we feel safe at right away. The school is a little Baptist church. I am relieved that he will be in a church/Christian environment again. Already he is loved on and being told how much God loves him and cares for him. He is praying again at "school". I am excited that he will be in a church environment during the holidays (we are a little Christmas obsessed). This place is closer to our church/work, which means me and Grayson can start coming to Wednesday nights again (which I just happened to tell Tony and put in my prayer journal that missing Wed nights was getting harder and harder for me). I already feel a good relationship with his teachers/director and am slowly trusting more each day.
Yesterday was his first day at this new school and I got this as I was at work...
Thank you for your prayers. In other news, next week we will have a big announcement on whether Grayson will have a little brother or sister!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!