I am typically a "glass half empty" kinda gal. I almost never see the positive and think the world is out to get me. (I blogged about this a little while ago about God is for me.) So when Grayson gets sick, and especially when he is sick over and over again, or for a long period of time, I start to get tired and weary and I start with the "why me" and whining and beg God to just give me and my poor sick baby a break! A couple weeks ago when Grayson had his stomach bug (which, btw - that is the worst on mommas' hearts when there is just nothing you can do for them).... I was very aware with how blessed I am. Maybe God was speaking into my heart to make it through without whining to Him (or Tony)... But let's get real - I am blessed. If you follow me on facebook/twitter/instagram or know me at all, you know that I am blessed. Yes, I have bad times. Yes, I need better finances. Yes, I could use more time with my husband. But, I. Am. Blessed. I have a healthy, growing sweet boy. I have an amazing husband that serves me and loves me way more than I deserve. We both have jobs. Grayson is being taken care of. We have a beautiful home and two cars that work. I am blessed.
I sat that week in my quiet times relishing and thanking and praising God for that. My child had a stomach bug, but I have too many friends in my life right now that would give anything if their child just had a stomach bug than whatever is going on right now. Too many of my friends are hurting and asking "why" and relying on God to see their littles through right now. Too many people I know on facebook healing from loss or going through health stuff... and it definitely gives me perspective.
How about you? Are you blessed and just aren't aware of how blessed you are? I pray God opens your heart and eyes to see all your blessings. Or are you going through some stuff and just need some help and prayer? If so email me, comment, text me... I would really love to pray for you and/or with you sweet friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!