Let's get real... I am a full-time working mom. That means that I get less than an hour with my kid in the mornings (not counting the drive), and a good 3 hours with him before he's in bed, Monday through Friday. I want to soak up these precious few hours! However.... I am tired of getting the tired, cranky leftovers of my kid's mood! Any other momma's with me here!? The mornings he is tired and cranky and doesn't want to leave the house (his shows and cuddles) to go to school and then the evenings he is tired and cranky because he gave his best behavior hours to his teachers and friends and now he's just a puddle of tantrums and whining. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, but it's sometimes really frustrating during the weekdays to have the worst parts of my kid... knowing that he was happy and playful and good throughout the day. That's my rant and now I'm done. :)
Disclaimer: I absolutely love every hour that I get to have with my child and I soak up the whiny, needy cuddles with every ounce of my being. I am a momma, I work full-time and I am BLESSED.
I'm with you, Mama. I understand. You're doing great! Soon enough, his stamina will increase and you will get the good parts of him again. He trusts you guys the most and feels most "at home"...well, at home...so, he's going to let loose anything he's been hanging onto during the day. You guys must be REALLY good parents that he trusts you so much. ;-)
ReplyDelete