Twelve years ago today I had a crush on a cute 16 year old boy. That cute boy asked me to "go out" with him and to our Valentine's dance and I said YES.I didn't know it then, but that would be THE most important, life-changing decision I will have ever made. It would change the course of my life over the next twelve years. Because I said yes to him, I began going to his church and his youth group and would get to fall in love with, not just him but, my Abba-Father. Because I said yes to him, I would make life-long friends with those in his youth group that would carry me on through those twelve years. Because I said yes to him, I was adopted into his family in a time that I needed a family, and as a Daughter of the King. Because I said yes to him, I got to partner alongside that cute boy in ministry for the next twelve years. Because I said yes to him, he became my best friend and life partner and we would get to experience so much together through the next twelve years.
I can see now looking back what a life changing decision it was to say yes to that cute boy twelve years ago. I see now what a turn my life took by saying yes and I am SO grateful and blessed that God would use a cute 16 year old boy to change my life forever. Tony is my greatest gift my sweet Father could have given me. After saying yes twelve years ago, I got to be in ministry, go on missions, go on vacations, move to Texas, become a mom..... Who knew a Valentine's dance date would make such a life changing difference! ;) Happy Date-A-Versary Love!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!