Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Resoluting and Reflecting

Now that it is the last week of January, I guess I should post some goals and look back at the last year!

Goals from 2011:

1. Lose weight! - So that didn't happen... actually I've been gaining weight as I grow our new little addition! I definitely wasn't expecting to get pregnant when writing this goal! ;)

2. Run a 5K - That didn't happen either... but I DID walk 30miles 21 weeks pregnant in the 3-Day Walk for the Cure!... doesn't that count?

3. Debt snowball - This is still and will be a work in progress. But it definitely got slowed down some half way through the year when we found out we were expecting! Gotta save for baby!

4. TEACH - This also didn't happen... but instead I got an AWESOME new job at the College at Southwestern Seminary as a Transcript Advisor and Director of the Girls Ministry... So I am working with students.. just in a different way.

5. Help with Housework - And lets just round off the goals with, this didn't happen either! :( Growing a human is exhausting!! I've napped a lot! and Tony, like the always sweet husband that he is, has definitely picked up the slack!

Now, that I basically didn't succeed in any of the only 5 goals I set for 2011... let's look at 2012. As we will be growing our family, graduating from seminary and moving/starting a job somewhere in 2012.. I really don't want to set extreme goals for such a crazy, all-in-God's-hands year.

So instead... I resolve to


  • Be the best mom I can be and keep learning and growing.

  • Not neglect my husband with the addition of a baby and the stress that brings

  • CELEBRATE Tony finishing seminary

  • Try really hard not to go crazy leaving it all up to God as to when/where we will be moving and finding Tony a job.

Easy enough... hopefully.... We'll see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!