Sunday, May 15, 2011

SWBTS Update


Well it seems to be a common theme but you haven't heard from me in a long time! Sad days...so I'm gonna catch you up with all things Southwestern! The first is how Youth Ministry Lab 2011 (YML) finished up. It was amazing! It is a training conference held at the Seminary for Youth Pastors, volunteers, adult leaders, parents and wives. We even train the student leaders in the youth group.It is such a good experience for me, I am able to meet prominent leaders in the Youth Ministry world. Plus, I get to work with Dr. Richard Ross, Dr. Wes Black, and Dr. Johnny Deurouen.These are wise seasoned Youth Ministry professors at my school. Their mentorship is worth all the stress and work! We had over 1,100people on campus for the event and it is the largest event the campus holds! Iam so blessed to be apart of such a life changing conference. I will be doing this again the coming year. But for now I am enjoying not having to do too much work for it!


The semester has finished up officially! Hoo Woo! It was possibly the hardest semester I have had here at SWBTS. My grades have not posted yet, but when they do I will share those with you for accountability purposes. But it was a wild ride there towards the end. In a matter of 3 weeks I had 4 book reviews and 2 research papers to do. It has been a challenge and I know that there is no other explanation for getting all this work done other than through the Lord. He has given me such strength. I also have to thank my amazing wife! She did not only read all these papers but helped me stay awake and work! I love her so much! She is an amazing woman, I could not have done any of this without her.


I have more to say but because I want to blog more than once every 3 months I am going to hold off and force myself to blog later. Till next time!




Tony Bianco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!