Thursday, January 28, 2010

For Starters...

The first semester has started. My classes have been going great! It has been a little tricky getting back into the Greek language, mainly all the vocab. But it is coming back to me. I enjoy my New Testament class but my teacher is a little hard to follow. He is very random, but is knowledgeable, so it will be okay. I am also taking a pastoral class that teaches me all about the Biblical reasons we do everything from Lord's Supper, baptism, and more. I even get to practice "dunking" people for baptisms! Any takers?! And my student ministry class is all about the psychology and developmental issues of adolescence. My teacher is great but I wish we could use a book that did not cost me $160...I mean it's not even a hard back book!?

I have also recently been "promoted" in my role in Youth Ministry Lab. First, Youth Ministry Lab (YML) is the largest Youth Leader Conference in the US completely organized by students. It is April 9-10 here on campus and if you would like to go I can send you info. But, I was asked to be the chair, basically the one in charge of the exhibit hall. It is going to be a great experience and I feel God has a purpose for me being in the spot. It is more time but it is all worth it!

Apple has been going good as well. And before you ask, no, I do not know any more details on the iPad. It has been good and I've been able to have a positive influence on my co-workers and customers. Texas still surprises me with how many different people live within the area. Hard to believe that this is our home now, and it is finally starting to feel like it!

Please continue to pray for Diamend and I as we continue to work and serve in our church and community. God has blessed us with great friends and I'm sure Diamend will be posting pictures soon. Please pray for my classes and being able to balance class and work, since finances are always a need. Thank you for all your prayers thus far and we hope to share more and more with you here.

Please comment on how we can pray for you!

Love You Too...

Tony B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!