Well the first semester is over and boy did I feel it! Jumping back into school was much harder than I thought it would be, but we have certainly been blessed these last months. God has encouraged us and shown His provision, which reassures us that this is exactly where we are supposed to be. I really enjoyed my classes this semester and wanted to take the time and space to tell you, briefly, some of the interesting things I learned from each class.
GREEK
In Greek I learned that the original text does reveal new truths and meanings to many passages. However, the translations that we use are very close to the original. Also in the original Greek there were no spaces, punctuation, and everything was in all caps. So, "GODISNOWHERE" could read "GOD IS NO WHERE" or "GOD IS NOW HERE". So the original translators had some work.
NEW TESTAMENT I
I learned lots of things and one that struck me was that the majority of the New Testament is taken or is referencing the Old Testament. Therefore, the Old is just as important as the New!
MINISTERING TO FAMILIES WITH TEENS
This class really changed the way I am going to do youth ministry. I found the importance of parents within the youth group. As well as the importance of ministering TO families not just with the students! You will hear much more about this is the future!
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
This class taught me the importance of the discipleship that goes on within the church. The Sunday School material should not just be selected out of a magazine, it should be selected for a purpose! A purpose that meets a goal for each group not the entire mass church body.
I stated earlier in past blogs that I wanted to share my grades with you because you are just as much apart of these classes as I am. You are praying for me, sending us gifts, and much more so that I can do these things. So I am going to post my final semester grades, not to boast or brag, but to stay accountable. I feel that many have sacrificed for us to be hear and you deserve to know if that sacrifice is paying off.
Greek - B +
Ministry of Education - A
Ministering to Families with Teens - A
New Testament I - (Don't Know Yet)
Spiritual Formations - A
Thank you ALL once again for all you do and please leave a comment so that we can pray for you and know who is visiting the blog! Diamend will have many pictures to come! We can't wait to see you all when we are home for Christmas! God Bless!!
With Great Thanks,
Tony Bianco
Congrats Tony! You did great, and I know you couldn't have done it without the support of your wife. It was good to hear about your classes too. See you two soon.
ReplyDeleteJeanice