My baby girl turns ONE tomorrow! This year has flown by so quickly I find myself missing the first weeks -- even though they were tough, I want to take back those sweet baby snuggles and coos. I'm a little weepy this week to see her turn one... suddenly she's not a baby anymore!
I've so enjoyed this last year. To my surprise and delight I was able to breastfeed the whole time! Just a few weeks ago I dropped down to only nursing her at bedtime - I can't give up that sweet time with her. I was able to pump at work so much that I have plenty of milk still stored in the freezer! I will be a little sad to put whole milk in her cup next week. I get a little emotional and sad thinking she very well could be my last baby that I carry and breastfeed. She might be my last one to stare at mesmerized while I'm stealing sweet moments, just her and I, at bedtime. She may be my last baby to sleep on my chest for sweet naps.... tear.
Sweet baby girl,
I love you so much it hurts! I didn't know I could love so fiercely until you entered this world! I remember a year ago today, staring at my big belly watching you roll all around between each contraction. I remember wondering how I could love another child equally as my first, the anxiety of having a daughter, worrying if I would be enough... And then you came — screaming so the world new you were here! I loved you instantly. Our bond came gradually in those first few weeks... with each new day we "got along" better and grow closer. Almost a year later — last night we stared into each other's eyes while I nursed you to sleep. I could stare at you all day long and get lost in those big brown eyes.

You are a force to be reckoned with! You know what you want and make sure other's know too. You so ornery and so cute, you get most anything you want. Your smile is contagious. When you smile - your whole face smiles. You even have the cutest sad face - one cannot help but give in to you. You are completely smitten with your brother! And he loves you more than I ever hoped and prayed for. The two of you together are the sweetest things to watch! You light up at the sound of his name.
Each day with you has been a little sweeter, a littler crazier and louder and a lot more fun. You and your brother bring us so much joy! I love you baby girl! Happy Birthday.
~Momma






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!