Thursday, April 14, 2011

Momma visits

Last week my sweet momma came to visit! You cannot even imagine my excitement for my mom to get to come stay with us for almost a week! It was such a special time and no visit is ever long enough! :(

I picked her up last Thursday from the airport and we immediately to the Hawaiin Nail Bar in Dallas for pedicures. This was special, not just because my momma was with me, but because this is my LAST pedicure until the 3Day Walk! (I have to roughin up my feet for 60 miles!)

We ate lots of great food all week! Railhead BBQ, Kincaids Burgers, Tin Cup specialty sandwich shop.... While Tony was in class Friday, we got our shop on! It has become a tradition to go to Ross whenever my mom is in town. Saturday we lathered up on our SPF and went to the Fort Worth Zoo. The weather was perfect! B-E-A-UTIFUL - probably why it was soo packed!

We even got to catch two new movies! Hop was very cute and funny! You should definitely check it out by Easter time! And Soul Surfer was an awesome movie! It is based on a true story of a girl surfer who loses her arm in a shark attack. Great story of God's providence in our lives. (Plus Carrie Underwood is in it! ;)

I also attempted to teach my mom how to crochet! ;) And we got material for me to crochet homeade scratch pads for washing dishes! (So easy and resourceful!)

After one last lunch together on Tuesday, it was time to take her back to the airport. :( Our visits are too too short, but so special! Every time we say goodbye I tear up a little - I'm such a momma's girl! Can't wait for our next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, let us know how we can pray for you!